Roofers Slaters
April 01, 2014    
Overall rating 

Customer Service 

Quality of Service 

Expectations Met 

Value for Money 

Do not use these guys!!
They initially turned up late for a re-pointing job, citing difficulty in sourcing the correct mortar! They seemed to carry out the original work quite well, but once they'd removed the old mortar, found a 'problem' that needed more money. Reluctantly I agreed.
But around the same time, we experienced a leak on a wall over a conservatory. They undertook to re-point this wall and look at the flashing. The 're-pointing' they did there turned out to be a 'skim-over' and the leak returned. Sadly, I'd already paid them, John McPhee it seems will be in contact repeatedly to get payment, but once our leak returned they seemed to be uncontactable. I tried for days and weeks to contact them, but they refused to pick up the phone.
I contacted Citizens Advice and subsequently Trading Standards who advised that they'd had other complaints about Silver City Roofing and advised to send them a registered letter seeking compensation. This letter was returned, their 140 Gardner Road, Aberdeen only being an address where they receive mail. A company that does not have a registered address should, on reflection have appeared suspect. I cannot recommend them. Trading Standards advised that they were, essentially, travellers masquerading as a legitimate company.
I've since had the suspect wall and flashing re-done by a reputable company.

Was this review helpful to you?